Haiku for Introverts

My poetic soul cries out today:

An Introverted Haiku

Introverts sometimes
Need to get away from those
With them most, themselves!

Those who find their own poetic souls stirred to creative action may leave their haiku offerings in the comments.*

*Those who find their eyes bleeding and stomachs retching from such drivel as I’ve offered here can blame Crystal Hurd. She started it.

25 Responses to Haiku for Introverts

1. Mary Anne says:

I’m an extrovert.
    But sometimes even I can
    Turn my OWN switch OFF.

2. janehinrichs says:

Yellow leaves shiver
    Crisp air smells like camp fires
    My son’s nose seeps slime.

(OK, that is pathetic, but I couldn’t resist your challenge Tim).

3. Kathleen says:

What it’s still raining?
    Wait maybe it just stopped
    No, not until June

And that might be a stretch being so hopeful this first day of October in the Pacific NW. Just a reminder to put my hope in other things 🙂

Loving the haikus so far! Thanks for the inspiration, Tim. This is mine (and no, I’m not feeling quite as wistful as this sounds):

September is gone.
    It is so true what they say:
    Days are long, years short.

My brain is too burned out to participate today, but had to click on the comments to read what everyone else came up with. Tim, you’ve got some great readers/writers.

I certainly do, Aimee, including you! And in order to allow you to participate in the haiku antics, I’ll offer this one on your behalf:

Aimee Byrd is a
      Housewife Theologian whose
      Doctrine is divine

6. lotharson says:

Hello Tim.

I have searched in vain for your email, so I’m going to post this here.
    I hope you don’t mind and I am not even capable of writing a Haiku without making a fool of myself 🙂

I like the quotation:

“”Sometimes I feel like the most liberal person among conservatives, and like the most conservative person among liberals.” (Laura Martin, Enough Light)”

Actually this is how I define progressive Christianity:

I would love to learn your thoughts on that.

Lovely greetings from Europe.

7. Erica M. says:

Haiku for a Mean Kitty:

The loudest of purrs
    She climbs onto my stomach
    Then she scratches me

(I find this interesting since I got hit with the poetry bug while on a walk the other day. I’ve been sick since then, so maybe there’s something to haikus and retching?)

8. Not really understanding the last line of your haiku at all. . .trying though!
    I’m not good at doing haiku, or at least I haven’t attempted to write one since 7th grade. . .so I’ll pass. I enjoy reading them though!

I meant to make a joke by being really extreme: Sometimes introverts want to be so alone they’d like to get away even from themselves.

9. Amber says:

Screaming and crying
    Only on the inside
    Smile on the outside

• Kuebler, Amber says:

I understand I am super young since I am only 15 years old. I was wondering if you would care if I shared a piece of writing for you for opinions if you don’t mind.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Tim's Blog – Just One Train Wreck

I think it’s marvelous, Amber. Is this a feeling you have often or simply write about as a good poet?

• Amber says:

I felt it, I write what I feel which is what makes me a great writer (so I’ve been told), and isn’t writing what you feel apart of being a good poet, writer, author, journalist, whatever someone desires to become or is?