Tracy Chapman’s Give Me One Reason (and a peek at me dancing)

I just stumbled on this video. Great song, great performer, great band, great video production. Check out the guy dancing by himself against the wall under the beer sign.

He makes me think of two things.

1. If I were in that bar, I’d be him.
  2. Do you ever wonder just how King David danced in front of the ark? Who’s to say he didn’t dance like that guy. Could be, could be.

16 Responses to Tracy Chapman’s Give Me One Reason (and a peek at me dancing)

1. NAH! Not radical enough, guy dancing by himself to be David! Remember they said David danced around naked! Totally lost consciousness of nothing but praise!

So that’s what they mean by “Dance like no one’s watching”! Well, except God…

I LOVE that song — so smooth. No wastin’ that precious energy!!

3. Adriana says:

First time I heard this song I was with my cousin Jen. We were attempting to dye Easter eggs like Martha Stewart (a nerve wracking feat). A few bars into the music I said, “Jen! Turn that UP!” We ended up dyeing some pretty swell eggs that day.

P.S. I was raised Baptist, Tim, so any kind of dance move feels like abandon to me.

4. Dana Tuttle says:

I love that this is your blog post! Tehehe! so funny! I dance like the mom from Diary of a Wimpy kid when Roddrick’s band Loaded Diaper played in the talent show! Yup! That will be me!!

The whole concept of dance is kind of funny when you think about it, Dana. Nobody moves like they dance when music’s not involved (or at least thought of music), do they? No wonder I look like such a dork when I dance. It’s only natural!

Tim

P.S. Woo-hoo, Dana Tuttle is in the house!

Um, every time that song comes on, I automatically think I’m cool. That’s all, carry on.

It has the same effect on me, Aimee, and we all know just how far from cool I actually am. But that song infuses coolness in its listeners. What talent Chapman possesses!

6. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even bother playing the song because I remember how incredibly overplayed it was on the radio and it annoyed me back then and I didn’t want to get it in my head again. I was trying to recall the dancing part for the video though. . . . >.<

The video version seems different from the radio one. The dancer is in the opening part if you want to take a chance on it, Victoria.