This Is Where I Sing About My Deceased Hairpiece’s Fall From Grace

You came from heaven to earth
My dead toupee

[10,000 interwebz for everyone who comes up with the tune, even those who only came up with it after reading someone else’s answer in the comments. I’m generous that way. Especially with interwebz, since they are not only worthless but non-existent.]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to This Is Where I Sing About My Deceased Hairpiece’s Fall From Grace

1. Lord I lift your wig on high! Oh… wait.. um…

“Lord I lift your name on high”

Try not to spend your new found interwebz wealth all in one place, Robert.

• Jeannie says:

I would have said that … except Robert was faster. Dang.

Where DO you come up with this stuff????

It’s not like a mondegreen where I mis-heard the lyric, Jeannie. I just make up words to songs. Sometimes I forget and sing it this way in church. Yes, I’m weird.

You still get 10,000 interwebz.

• Jeannie says:

You’re … you’re like that guy in Scripture who pays the latecomers the same as the early birds! I love misheard lyrics too. There’s this song on our Mamma Mia CD called “Gimme a Man After Midnight”; my son thinks it’s “Gimme a Banana after Midnight” and my daughter used to think it was “Gimme a Man Out the Window.”

Your kids get 10,000 interwebz each too.

• Mary Anne says:

I love mondegreens. Stuff like “lead us not into Penn Station” and “Shirley, good Mrs. Murphy shall follow me all the days of my life . . .”

Or there’s the Pledge of Allegiance: “I led the pigeons to the flag . . .”

As for misheard lyrics, now I’ll go sing a few verses of “Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear.”

And if anyone needs the facilities, MA, we can tell them that There’s a Bathroom on the Right.

2. Bronwyn Lea says:

Lord I lift your mane on high….

3. Jaimie says:

I got it without checking the comments first. “Lord I Lift Your Name on High.” Complete with the actions I learned at camp. Do I get extra interwebz for that? 😀

No extra interwebz, sorry Jaimie. But for doing such a grand job with this musical quiz you not only get the 10,000 fabulously illusory interwebz but everyone you ever went to camp with also gets 10,000 interwebz each.