Happy Anniversary To My Blog – Flintstone Style

This is post number 365, a very fitting number to continue the celebration of one year of blogging here at the Train Wreck.

(Anyone else here old enough to have watched The Flintstones in its original run?)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Happy Anniversary To My Blog – Flintstone Style

1. Are you kidding me my kids used to ask if my parents had a car like Fred Flinstone and sheesh when they were small and I was still a big guy they asked me if I could stop our car like Fred Flinstone! Better yet they wanted to know if I was actually Grape Ape! If so when did I learn to read and write in English instead of Hieroglyphics. Oi course my wife never helped because she used to tell our kids I was in effect the missing link.

Great cartoon and they just don’t make them like that anymore!

I certainly DO remember that show and that tune: in fact we still sing “happy anniversary” to that melody, but actually I wouldn’t have been able to tell you where that originated. So now I know!

Speaking of the Flintstones: at Richard’s & my wedding reception back in 1990, my then-16-year-old brother got up and sang an impromptu song to the tune of the Flintstones theme:
    Prinsens! Meet the Prinsens! They’re a modern Kingston family.
    Why Rich married Jeannie will remain a major mystery.
    Seems like all he wanted was a wife;
    Now he’s … stuck with her for life.
    Prinsens! Meet the Prinsens! They’ll have a good time, a Yabba-doo time,
    etc. etc.

As you can imagine, that’s permanently etched on my memory. 🙂

That song’s awesome! (Did you disown him soon thereafter?)

• Jeannie says:

No; we already kinda knew what to expect b/c in the past he had regaled us with festive favourites like this one (to the tune of “White Christmas”):
        “You’re marrying a slime mutant
        It’s all because of toxic waste
        Don’t ever kiss my older sis
        She leaves an awful aftertaste…”
        (You can’t make this stuff up, trust me)

3. Rob says:

As a new blogger (three weeks), I commend you for your perseverance and faithfulness!

Thanks, Rob. Keep at it. It’s a blast!

P.S. I used to live in the UK too.

• Rob says:

It took two to three years of pondering and considering before I finally took the plunge, so I don’t think I’ll be giving up any time soon!

How long ago were you in the UK? Where/doing what? (It’s ok, you can tell me not to be nosy if you want…)

I studied at Sussex in 1983-84. (And here’s how my blog got started after I’d been writing guest posts for other for a number of months.)

• Rob Grayson says:

It’s nice to know that your time in England played such a vital part in your story 🙂

I think I tend to also be somewhat risk-averse, and this is why it took me so long to get started. I felt there was a risk that I wouldn’t have enough time to post regularly, and a risk that I wouldn’t have anything much to say. Neither of those has been true so far; writing has taken a lot of time, but I’ve very much enjoyed it. But the biggest risk of all has perhaps been the risk of being misunderstood as I try to honestly lay out what I think and feel about God, faith and the whole beautiful mystery that is life on this earth. I’ve realised that’s something I can’t control, and I’ve found that there’s great release and freedom in taking the plunge and being as honest and clear as I know how to be. Who reads it and how they respond – well, that’s up to them, and to God.

Thanks for the encouragement!