Leasing Prayers

Yesterday morning our daughter hadn’t even looked at any apartments for the coming school year. By yesterday afternoon she’d signed a lease.

It’s amazing, and here’s what happened.

She was waiting until her return from her mission trip in South Africa before looking for an apartment for her and her roommate. While she was still overseas she saw a few places on the internet that looked good and were scheduled to be available by September 1, so she thought it would just be a matter of finalizing her search and sending in the paperwork and deposit.

She came home on Tuesday and started looking in earnest. It turned out the places that looked good online were either going to be ready much later in September than her schedule would allow or they were already spoken for. By Thursday evening we saw that the only thing to do would be to fly to San Diego (where my wife grew up, by the way) and start apartment hunting in person.

My wife and daughter bought plane tickets to leave first thing the next morning.

We prayed a lot. We prayed for safe travels, we prayed for finding good places to look at, we prayed for being able to schedule appointments to see apartments at the right time, and we prayed to find the right apartment first thing. We prayed Thursday night, we prayed on the way to the airport, and prayers continued throughout the morning even after I dropped them off on my way to work. Some of you were praying too, and we appreciate it greatly.

So off they went. Then I got this string of texts from my wife.

9:26 a.m. – Landed.

10:18 a.m. – Had really good conversation w/ a landlady … we hope to go see this unit … it’s top of our list! Pray, pray, pray …

10:44 a.m. – We’re looking at it at noon. Landlady thinks it’s a perfect fit for the girls. 🙂

1:06 p.m. – Apt rented! Done!!

Why on earth did we bother fretting?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Leasing Prayers

1. KSP says:

From one fretter to another: silly us!

I remember at one point Thursday evening saying that I was sure God had a place for our daughter to lay her head. He gave it to her a lot sooner than I expected!

2. Lesley says:

Love this story!

3. Adriana says:

What a blessing! Thanks for sharing!

4. marsdenmom says:

Love when we get quick responses. It always reminds me that, yes, He is listening even if there are other things I’m praying for where I’m still waiting for answers.

I had a quick-answer experience this week too. I was praying about an opportunity to initiate some conversation with one of our students who’s in college now that I’ve been concerned about some choices she’s making. Before I even reached out, the next day I received a text message that literally read, “Aleah!! I need guidance!!” Thanks for the “in” Lord, lead the way!

Great reminder to pray with expectation, Tim.

6. Pingback: Lava Lamps and Lightning and the Comfort of God | Tim's Blog – Just One Train Wreck After Another

7. Pingback: Clean Clothes On A Sweaty Body – gross & grody | Tim's Blog – Just One Train Wreck After Another